MAINE: my final frontier. These are the voyages of the Scooter Vespa 250 i.e. Super. Its continuing mission - to explore America's most heavily forested state - to roam the vast coastline, numberless lakes, and mighty mountains. To boldly go where no scooter has gone before!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mackworth Island

On the border between Falmouth and Portland, and just off the coast, is Mackworth Island. It's the home of the Governor Baxter School for the Deaf, as well as a popular hiking trail that circles the 100-acre island.

I parked my Vespa on the causeway that connects the island to the mainland.



Note the man with the dog: He is training it to retrieve ducks, sending rubber ducks into the water with a lacrosse stick. It's pretty cold out there, but if someone was flinging cheeseburgers into the sea, I'd most certainly be retrieving a bunch of them.

























The sun is going to set soon over Portland, and until I pass my motorcycle road test, I must be off the road by sunset or I turn into something much worse than the fairy tale pumpkin- I become a grounded Vespa rider!

Actually, I take that test tomorrow at 10 am. I'll let you know if you should expect nighttime photos any time soon


No comments:

Post a Comment